A lot of the lines that I do don't end up in my gallery, actually, as a result of this process. Go check out ~9ofcups
for some collaborations between myself and my girlfriend, as well as a slew of my girlfriend's awesome digital paintings.MY PROCESS
1. Sketch, and then scan, a garbled mess that resembles a character I guess???
2. Amputate Tame your lines, finalize the pose.
3. Sketch in the details you were too lazy to sort out in the original sketch - and pick the lines you’re actually going to ink over.
4. Ink it like a motherfucker. You might think I’m missing a step here with all the hair detail but no, that’s all sorted out in the inks stage just ‘cuz.
5. Bucketfill flats on another layer.
6. Befriend a colourist and hand it off, because by this point you are just… sick of looking at it, and if you’re anything like me you’re such a stereotypical lineartist that your colour choices are shit anyway